PSV Technician (Grande Prairie)
This position is for the Red Deer branch and reports to the Valve Coordinator. This position will assist and service PSV Valves. There are 4 levels of Valve Technicians. All levels will assist other technicians in all areas of valve repair. The requirements listed below will depend on the level of valve tech hired, Training and experience will depend on Level of Valve Tech. Experience would be an asset, but not necessary as we are willing to train
- Dismantling valves using various tools.
- Cleaning valves for inspection, with the use of solvents and tools.
- Inspecting parts and measure critical dimension.
- Entering information for valves into computer system.
- Assembling valves back to OEM specs using various tools.
- Testing the valve to code within tolerance, using pressure, wrenches.
- Painting and tagging the valve to like new condition, and sealing the valve to code.
- Quality Control to ensure all the paperwork and tags are correct, and verifying against paperwork and computer system.
- Knowledge of repair and testing Relief Valves would be an asset.
- Must work with safety as the first priority.
- H2S and 1st Aid Certified.
- Basic computer and math skills required.
- Mechanically Inclined.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
- Possess good communication skills and positive attitude.
- Must be well organized, punctual and able to work efficiently in a high paced, stressful environment.
- Ability to contribute to a team environment.
- Must be professional, courteous and represent King’s Energy Services whenever dealing with our customers or other companies.
- Strong work ethic and possess the ability to lead by example at all times.
- Required to work beyond the normal scope of work, including overtime & weekends.
- Required to take random drug testing to ensure competency and safety of the employees and equipment.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit resume and references through the website or fax to (403)347-1470, attention Human resources.