Machinist (Red Deer)
This is a quality orientated position with Kings Energy Services, Manufacturing division. The candidate will be responsible for machining in the manufacturing area, working with the welding dept, assembler/testers, and assisting with the various manufactured prodcuts.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines or grinders.
- Measure, examine and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains and foreign matter.
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
Essential Skills, Competencies and Experience:
• Mazak CNC Lathe and Mill experience is an asset
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel) Ability to learn new programs.
• Must be able to lift 70lbs.
• Ability to work in a team based environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints and to manage time effectively and efficiently.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills.
• Attention to accuracy and detail in a neat and organized manner.
• Ability to be challenged and to strive for development within the position with the foresight and commitment to advance within the company.
• Participation in Safety Program and Quality Assurance Program.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• 3rd or 4th Year apprentice.
Please reply to this ad with resume or fax to 403-347-1470, attention Human Resources with the position you are applying for.