PRD Valve Technician (Red Deer)
The PRD Valve Technician is involved in all aspects of service and repair of pressure relief device valves. This is an all-encompassing role including adherence to quality and safety processes and procedures, as well as servicing of valves and general shop/equipment maintenance activities. As a PRD Valve Technician, you will be part of a team of individuals committed to delivering a high standard of quality and operational excellence. This position reports directly to the (PRD) Valve Team Lead or District Manager depending upon location with the organization.
• Cleaning valves for inspection, with the use of solvents and tools.
• Inspecting internal parts including measurement and documentation of critical dimensions.
• Entering information for valves into a computer tracking system.
• Assembling valves in accordance with OEM specs using various tools.
• Testing of valves to code and specifications ensuring compliance.
• Painting and tagging of valves to like new condition, and sealing valves in accordance to code.
• Quality Control to ensure all the paperwork and tags are correct, and verifying against paperwork and computer system information.
Essential Skills, Competencies and Experience:
• Mechanical aptitude and a commitment to safety and quality.
• Commitment towards a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
• Knowledge of repair and testing of Relief Valves would be an asset.
• Basic computer and math skills are considered assets.
• Accuracy with attention to detail are strong attributes for the role.
• Possess good communication skills and positive attitude.
• Must be professional, courteous and represent King’s Energy Services whenever dealing with our customers or other companies.
• Strong work ethic and possess the ability to lead by example at all times.
• Required to work beyond the normal scope of work, including overtime & weekends.
• Required to take random drug testing to ensure competency and safety of the employees and equipment.
• Ability to read and understand and follow technical specifications for the assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Post-secondary education or vocation training is considered beneficial but not essential.
• Certifications such as TDG, WHMIS, H2S, First Aid, are beneficial.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Please reply to this ad with resume or fax to 403-347-1470, attention Human Resources with the position you are applying for.