Senior Wellhead Service Technician (Red Deer)
This position reports to the Pressure Relief Device (PRD) Team Lead. The duties include servicing and greasing field valves and as well as Side Entry, Gate Clamp, Primary seal testing, Actuator repair, and field and plant maintenance projects as required. The candidate will understand maintenance and operation of required tools, as well as an understanding of the do’s and don’ts of handling high pressure equipment. This position will learn the processes found in the industry that are required to ensure the equipment they are servicing is maintained. They will observe the methods of attaching tools to a wellhead and greasing. This position will work in the shop as well as the field to repairs valves.
- Full knowledge of the various wellhead equipment, ball valves, gate valves, pipeline valves, is required. (E.G- Grove, WKM, Cameron, Rockwell, Bettis, PBV, Erichsen, Meridian, Mastergear, Balon, Rotork, Nutron, Barber, Argus, etc).
- Must have the confidence and the ability to troubleshoot wellheads and equipment related to various field processes including oil and gas leases / field locations as well as plant and facility locations.
- Works independently or along with the junior field helper with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong computer skills required to enter all appropriate data for billing and maintenance records.
- Must keep in contact with Valve coordinator and/or District Manager with up to date information and requirements or job scheduling.
- Responsible for safely training new King’s employees who will be assisting in the field service unit on all aspects of the job requirements.
- Must work with safety as the first priority.
- lean driver’s abstract (Minimum class 5) driver’s license / First Aid / H2S Ticket is required.
- On the job training and development available, but stronger consideration will be given to people with previous related experience.
- Must be professional, courteous and represent King’s Energy Services’ Core Values and Vision whenever dealing with our customers or other companies’ workers that are on site.
- Strong knowledge of all hand & pneumatic tools for the purpose of the services required.
- Must have a strong work ethic and possess the ability to lead by example at all times.
- Required to work beyond the normal scope of work, including overtime, weekends, and potential camp / out of town jobs.
- Required to fill out (JHA), Job Hazard Assessments per site or job.
- Required to take random drug testing to ensure competency and safety of the employees and equipment.
- Must be willing to work in the shop if circumstances don’t allow field work to take place (E.g. - Bad weather, holidays, etc.).
- Required to maintain the field service unit, keeping all oil changes and services up to date.
- Must maintain all weekly paperwork relating to the truck in order. (JHA’s, truck reports, fuel receipts, expense reports and/or meal receipts).
- Required to maintain an on board inventory of service related equipment like grease fittings, packing and lubricants.
Please reply with attached resume or fax to (403) 347-1470, attention Human Resources.