Business Development Industrial Sales (Western Canada)
The Business Development Industrial Sales position is responsible for sales, support, and technical knowledge of all products and services provided by King’s Energy Services (KES), as well as promoting and selling the product line which is manufactured and or distributed by KES. The Industrial Sales will also be responsible for continued sales support to End Users OEMs, Supply Stores, Wholesalers, Service Centers and all other companies which may have applications for the services and product line manufactured by KES within their designated territory.
• Performs direct sales of King’s products and services.
• The primary focus is the development and sales of all other products manufactured and/or distributed by King’s. Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
• Additionally, this position is responsible for territory development and sales of all services as provided by KES. Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
• Maintains and expands customer base by counseling district sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
• Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assisting with an annual sales budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Several sales techniques will be required including maintenance of existing customers, Cold Calling, Trade Shows, Lunch & Learns, etc.
• Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
• Relationship building and the promotion of KES, and its brand is essential; this may include attending social functions and actives with clients outside of the workplace.
• This is an outside sales position, some travel and time away from home may be required as part of the scope of the position.
• Expense reports will be required and submitted to Senior Management.
• Sales objectives, opportunities, and results will be communicated to Senior Management
Functional areas reporting to this position are:
This position will report directly to the VP, COO or CEO of KES, however will overlap with several departments including Senior Management, Manufacturing, Instrumentation/Measurement, Valves, Purchasing, and Inside Sales.
Essential Skills / Experience & Competencies:
• Meeting sales goals, motivation for sales, territory management, presentation skills, performance management, building relationships, emphasizing excellence, negotiation, results driven, sales planning, managing profitability
• A sound knowledge of valve and instrumentation product is essential, as well as a solid general knowledge of other products, services and applications.
• Strong computer skills: MS office suite proficient.
• Ability to work both as a positive contributing member within a team environment and independently.
• Ability to facilitate quote requests and follow-up with customers.
• Problem solving and organizational skills.
• Clean driving record.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• High School
• Post-Secondary education/ Trade certificate would be beneficial but not a requirement
Please reply to this ad with resume or fax to 403-347-1470, attention Human Resources with the position you are applying for.