Level 2 Service Technician (Grande Prairie)
The Level 2 Service Technician will be responsible for the for the efficient UT inspection and pressure testing of frac iron products and other high pressure equipment according to established procedures, following all safety protocols and workplace policies. This position is also responsible for rebuilding of frac iron equipment by disassembling and reassembling components.
• Takes direction and fulfil responsibilities from the Branch Manager
• Perform proper UT testing techniques to generate accurate results
• Find and understand UT specifications
• Utilize pressure test pumps and understand the pressure ratings and levels for the ratings
• Trouble shoot testing issues and find alternative solutions during testing procedures
• Data entry of performed tests into company software and servers
• Operate a variety of hand and power tools (die, and disk grinders, banders, etc.) and various forms of machinery relating to the oil and gas industry
• Perform final sign offs on visual inspections and thread gauging
• Follow all safety protocols and workplace policies
• Teardown and rebuild coil and wireline components
• Perform intermediate paperwork for receiving slips, service histories and removed from service forms
Skills Training and Competencies:
• Certified knowledge of Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Testing
• Experience with pressure testing of frac iron products
• Knowledge of assembly and service competencies related to frac iron
• General oilfield product/equipment operating knowledge
• Mechanical aptitude and a commitment to safety and quality.
• Commitment towards a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer and math skills are considered assets.
• Accuracy with attention to detail are strong attributes for the role.
• Possess good communication skills and positive attitude.
• Must be professional, courteous and represent King’s Energy Services whenever dealing with our customers or other companies.
• Strong work ethic and possess the ability to lead by example at all times.
• Required to work beyond the normal scope of work, including overtime & weekends.
• Required to take random drug testing to ensure competency and safety of the employees and equipment.
• Ability to read, understand and follow technical specifications for the assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Certificate in Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Testing Level 1 is required
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Hoisting and Rigging Certificate (Shop Only)
• Overhead Crane, TDG, Forklift, First Aid, H2S, PST, WHMIS