Senior Wellhead Service Technician (Grande Prairie)
The duties for this position include servicing and greasing field valves and as well as Side Entry, Gate Clamp, Primary seal testing, Actuator repair, and field and plant maintenance projects as required. The candidate will understand maintenance and operation of required tools, as well as an understanding of the do’s and don’ts of handling high pressure equipment. This position will learn the processes found in the industry that are required to ensure the equipment they are servicing is maintained. They will observe the methods of attaching tools to a wellhead and greasing. This position will work in the shop as well as the field to repair valves.
• Full knowledge of the various ball valves, gate valves, check valves, gear operators and actuators is required. (E.G- Grove, WKM, Cameron, Rockwell, Bettis, PBV, Erichsen, Meridian, Mastergear, Balon, Rotork, Nutron, Barber, Argus, Etc).
• Must be familiar with field lease locations and Plant / Compressor locations and be responsible for safely working with operations in conducting service and/or maintenance of equipment.
• Works independently along with junior field helper with minimal or no supervision. Troubleshooting skills required.
• Strong computer skills required to enter all appropriate data for billing and maintenance records.
• Must keep in contact with District Manager with up to date information and requirements or job scheduling.
• Responsible for safely training new King’s employees who will be assisting in the field service unit on all aspects of the job requirements.
Skills Training and Competencies:
• Must work with safety as the priority
• Clean driver’s abstract (Minimum class 5) driver’s license.
• Must have wellhead and Pipeline knowledge to be able to maintain and service equipment with little or no supervision.
• Must be professional, courteous and represent King’s Energy Services whenever dealing with our customers or other companies’ workers that are on site.
• Strong knowledge of all hand & pneumatic tools for the purpose of the services required.
• Strong work ethic and possess the ability to lead by example at all times.
• Required to work beyond the normal scope of work, including overtime, weekends, and potential camp / out of town jobs.
• Required to fill out (JHA), Job Hazard Assessments per site or job.
• Required to take random drug testing to ensure competency and safety of the employees and equipment.
• Must be willing to work in the shop if circumstances don’t allow field work to take place (E.g. - Bad weather, holidays, etc.).
• Required to maintain the field service unit, keeping all oil changes and services up to date.
• Must maintain all weekly paperwork relating to the truck in order. (JHA’s, truck reports, fuel receipts, expense reports and/or meal receipts).
• Required to maintain an on-board inventory of service related equipment like grease fittings, packing and lubricants.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Certifications such as TDG, WHMIS, H2S and First Aid.
• Valid Driver’s License.