Communications and Marketing Coordinator (Red Deer)
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will be working closely with our Business Development team to develop and implement plans and strategies for our company. This position will be tasked with helping identify marketing trends and opportunities for growth as well as providing administrative support by creating marketing materials such as whitepapers, case studies, presentations and organizing campaigns.
• Take direction and fulfil responsibilities from the VP of Business Development
• Collaborate with the internal teams, clients and partners on marketing strategy.
• Learn and work with various types of software for digital marketing.
• Create marketing materials such as white papers, case studies, and presentations.
• Prepare, format, and edit a range of documents.
• Understand the company’s products and brand.
• Create and interpret a variety of reports.
• Organize market research.
• Collect account and project information and produce weekly business development reports.
• Conduct market research and analyze questionnaires and other consumer rating reports
• Update social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Tweeter).
• Provide administrative support to the Business Development team
• Attend sales meetings for participation of ideas, note-taking and distribution
• Assist in monitoring active marketing programs and developing ways to improve those campaigns
• Submit ideas for experimental marketing programs designed to enhance and grow the company’s brand
• Be available as a resource for senior marketing professionals who need assistance with completing large projects
• Assist in identifying trade shows and conferences for participation and support promotional events and campaigns by organizing and attending them to facilitate their success.
• Execute budget details for all events, and remain open to creative ways of reducing costs (partnerships, sponsorship, and grants)
• Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines
• Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• An extremely high level of attention to detail.
• Sound knowledge of market research techniques and databases
• Superior knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (HubSpot, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Exquisite communication and people skills
• Must be willing to travel to offsite meetings, tradeshows, promotional events
• Exudes creativity and confidence
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing, Digital and Social Media, or Business is required
• 2+ years of experience in Public Relations, or Communications Strategy Development preferred
• 2+ years of administrative support
• A valid Driver’s License
Candidates invited for an interview are asked to bring a portfolio demonstrating experiences with graphic design, writing, editing, strategic planning, reporting, research, event planning, facilitation, and/or project coordination.