Senior Valve Technician (Grande Prairie & Dawson Creek)
The Senior Valve Technician is responsible for the involvement in all aspects of the service and repair of pressure relief device valves. They will also be involved in the servicing and greasing of ANSI/API valves as well as Side Entry, Gate Clamp, Primary seal testing, Actuator repair, and ANSI/API valve projects as required both in shop and in field. The Senior Valve Technician will also assist with the mentoring and coaching of other Valve Technicians.
• Take direction and fulfil responsibilities from the District Manager and PSV and API/ANSI Team Leads
• Perform the company’s valve servicing procedures (PSV & ANSI/API) to ensure that they are completed in accordance with King’s Quality Control Manual and comply with legislative requirements.
• Assist with the quality standards of work and personnel.
• Employee development - training, courses & documentation
• Maintain and communicate all quality control issues with regards to PSV servicing and assist in: ANSI/API Valves, ANSI/API Field Services, Relief Valves, Actuation, Basic Machining, HP valves - Autoclave
• Ensure validity of data input and integrity of information is properly recorded in the VeeBase system.
• Assist in the training of individuals in PSV, ANSI/API “Greenbook”, Quality program and work procedures
• Travel to site locations or other branches as required.
• Maintain and build relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Work with Operations Management to identify strengths weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the company.
• Research and update yourself on the latest valve services, training and technology for the company.
• Required to work into an on-call rotation.
• Work closely with the PSV and API/ANSI Team Leads with evaluating, monitoring, and reporting of required reporting and KPIs
• Assist with and Track RMAs
• Demonstrate and emphasize safety conscience attitude.
• Flexibility is required as this is an ever-changing position; tasks and responsibilities will be modified accordingly. During busy times or turnarounds, they will be responsible for assisting with the completion of all tasks. Overtime will be expected to be maintained during busy times
Skills Training and Competencies:
• Sound knowledge of Pressure Relief Valves (components, schematics, functionality, etc.)
• Strong understanding of all hand & pneumatic tools for the purpose of the services required
• High attention to detail and accuracy for data entry and paperwork
• Solid problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to work well in a fast-paced team or individual environment
• Leadership and mentoring experience are beneficial.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Mechanical aptitude and a commitment to safety and quality.
• Commitment towards a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Must work with safety as the first priority.
• Strong work ethic and possess the ability to lead by example at all times.
• Required to work beyond the normal scope of work, including overtime, weekends, and potential camp / out of town jobs.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of five years of Pressure Relief Valve and API/ANSI valve servicing is required
• Minimum of five years in a leadership role
• Clean driver’s abstract (Minimum class 5) driver’s license
• Post-secondary education or vocation training is considered beneficial but not essential.
• Certifications such as TDG, WHMIS, H2S, First Aid, etc.
• Valid Driver’s License