Office Administrator (Red Deer)
The Office Administrator will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently while adhering to company policies and procedures. They will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision and must be self-motivated and trustworthy. This is an important position within the company as it must ensure the smooth running of our company’s offices and contribute to driving sustainable growth.
• Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
• Manage agendas, travel arrangements, appointments etc. for management and staff; provide reminders and confirmation follow-ups
• Act as the administrative point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients
• Handle executives’ requests and queries appropriately
• Manage, record and transmit phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
• Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
• Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
• Preform credit application checks for new customers and provide our business profile to vendors
• Obtain customer feedback comments via telephone, email, surveys and compile data
• Set up the on-call schedule and ensure phones are put on the after-hours schedule
• Process credit card payments, prepare daily deposit slips and provide a summary of same; complete daily mail and bank runs
• Occasionally aid with the billing / invoicing functions of the organization.
• Prepare coffee and provide a clean lunch room atmosphere
• Must always be in business casual attire and be prompt and courteous to all customers, suppliers, and visitors.
• Assist colleagues whenever necessary
• Additional duties may be defined within the scope of this position.
Essential Skills / Experience & Competencies:
• Minimum of 2+ years of administrative or secretarial experience
• Experience supporting executive requirements would be considered an asset
• High level of customer service and interpersonal skills
• Strong computers skills; MS Office proficient.
• Must be a self-starter, proactive and intuitive
• Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality and accuracy for data entry and paperwork; including company sensitive information.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision.
• Ability to work as a positive contributing member within team environment.
• Well organized with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any given time.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• High School degree
• Additional post-secondary education in Business Administration or qualifications as personal assistant would be considered an advantage
• Valid Driver’s License