Accounts Payable/Office Administrator (Temporary)
*This is a temporary maternity leave coverage
The Accounts Payable/Office Administrator is responsible for executing Accounts Payable functions by performing day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities including entering, processing, verifying, and reconciling all invoices in a timely and efficient manner. Secondary accountabilities will involve providing general office and HR support by performing reception functions including fielding and dispersing calls and mail, greeting clients, maintaining our office environment, and assisting to enhance our corporate culture.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a self-starter, proactive and intuitive.
- Possesses a logical thought process with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Has a high level of customer service and interpersonal skills with a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Has superior attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively work within a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording AP data.
- Reconcile the AP ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Data entry, report generation, meeting scheduling, completing meeting minutes.
- Procurement of office supplies and ordering catering for events.
- A liaison with building and third-party services.
- Perform incidental clerical work including editing/reformatting PDF’s, filing, etc.
- Assist HR with administrative tasks related to selection, recruitment, and onboarding functions.
- Other projects and duties as required.
Success in this role will come from having:
- A Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or Accounting will be preferred.
- Strong computers skills; MS Office and Adobe proficient.
- An engaging and helpful personality.
- Flexibility with respect to job duties.
- A team-oriented work style.
- An ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Hard-working but fun atmosphere.
- Office setting, business-casual dress code.
- High-paced with frequent interruptions, tight deadlines.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Long periods of desk work (sitting, computer work, etc.)