API/ANSI Technician - Nisku
The ANSI/API Technician is responsible for servicing and greasing ANSI/API valves and as well as Side Entry, Gate Clamp, Primary seal testing, Actuator repair, and ANSI/API valve projects as required. The candidate will understand the proper processes and procedures of handling high pressure equipment.
What you will be responsible for:
- Position reports directly to the Field Services and Onsite Manager.
- Disassemble valves using various tools.
- Clean valves for inspection, with the use of solvents and tools.
- Inspect internal parts including measurement and documentation of critical dimensions.
- Enter information for valves into a computer tracking system.
- Assemble valves in accordance with OEM specs using various tools.
- Test of valves to code and specifications ensuring compliance.
- Paint and tag valves to like new condition.
- Quality Control to ensure all the paperwork and tags are correct and verifying against paperwork and computer system information.
- Safely work with operations in conducting service and/or maintenance of equipment.
- Demonstrate and emphasize safety conscience attitude.
Success in this role will come from:
- Experience and knowledge of the various ball valves, gate valves, check valves, gear operators and actuators are required. (E.G- Grove, WKM, Cameron, Rockwell, Bettis, PBV, Erichsen, Meridian, Mastergear, Balon, Rotork, Nutron, Barber, Argus, etc).
- Basic computer skills; MS office suite proficient.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within complex, fast-moving work environment.
- Ability to work as a positive contributing member within a team environment.
- Willingness to take hands on approach in developing systems and procedures.
- Functional understanding of imperial and metric systems.
- Experience with wellhead and pipeline knowledge to be able to maintain and service equipment with little or no supervision.
- Ability to read, understand and follow technical specifications for the assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment.
- Strong knowledge of all hand & pneumatic tools for the purpose of the services required.
- Problem solving and organizational skills.
What will pique our interest:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Post-secondary education or vocation training is considered beneficial but not essential.
- Minimum 2 years of Greasing and Servicing of API/ANSI valves preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and clean abstract.
- Defensive driving course considered an asset.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Shop environments.
- Exposure to sudden loud noises (pops/bangs), and harsh cleaning chemicals.
- Steel-toed boots are required and is the responsibility of the employee to obtain prior to hire date.
- May be required to work away from home to assist other branches.
- Normal hours 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday to Friday. Schedules may vary due to work requirements. Overtime and weekends as required.
- Required to stand for long periods of time on concrete.
- May work into an on-call rotation schedule.
- Required to take a pre-employment drug test as this position is considered safety sensitive.