Apprentice Electrician - Red Deer
Journeyman and Apprentice Electricians will be responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, control devices and related equipment used in the oil & gas, along with the industrial and commercial industries; specifically, electrical & electronic systems and equipment.
What you will be responsible for:
- Taking direction and fulfilling responsibilities from the Division Manager – EI&M.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing of electrical and electronic systems.
- Use of testing devices to inspect, test, and diagnose electrical and electronic systems and controls.
- Actively maintaining and understanding QMS systems, policies, and procedures.
- Consulting with and advising leadership and operations staff regarding work performed if in a Journeyman role.
- Training and mentoring apprentices and support staff if in a Journeyman role.
- Repairing, maintaining, or replacing defective parts
- Installing, replacing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems and related electrical equipment
- Completing risk and hazard assessments as part of customer and company safety initiatives.
- Calibrating and maintaining components and instruments according to manufacturer’s specifications and quality guidelines.
- Using and interpreting appropriate CSA, codes, standards and practices.
Success in this role will come from:
- Industrial electrical service, maintenance, and construction experience.
- Experience working within industrial, oil & gas, and commercial facilities.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and electronic.
- The ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and architectural drawings as well as electrical code and client(s) specifications.
- Maintaining a high level of safety awareness and adherence.
- Maintaining good customer relations and focus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, Excel.
- A high comfortable level of working in all weather conditions, with the capability of lifting 25 kg.
- An ability to work with all levels of employees and management both internally and externally.
Our interest will be piques by:
- A registered / certified Journeyman or Apprentice in the Electrical trade.
- A High School Diploma or GED required; additional accreditation will be considered an asset.
- Valid H2S, CSO, First Aid and Fall Protection certificates.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Work may be performed indoors or outdoors.
- Some overnight or weekly travel to sights / branches may be required.
- Work can be physically demanding and may require working from heights.
- Annual holiday office closures
- Monday to Friday shifts with some weekend and evening work as required.