Business Development Sales Representative - Drayton Valley
This position is primarily an outside sales position and will be responsible for territory development and sales, support, and technical knowledge of all products and services provided, manufactured and distributed by Kings Energy Services.
- Take direction and fulfill responsibilities from the Senior Sales Manager.
- Perform direct sales of Kings Energy Services’ products and services.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Prepare and complete action plans.
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counseling, building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes, surveying consumer needs and trends and tracking competitors.
- Maintain and submit expense reports.
- Communicate sales objectives, opportunities, and results to Senior Management.
- Communicate incoming projects and planned timelines to management and shop personnel
- Attend daily and weekly sales meetings in a prepared manner ready to discuss current or potential upcoming quotes, projects, sales, etc.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of valves, and/or electrical, measurement or instrumentation products.
- Familiarity of SalesPad, HubSpot, Microsoft Office Teams an asset.
- Demonstrated motivation to meet sales goals.
- Display strong presentation, relationship building and sales planning skills.
- Knowledge of sales techniques including cold calling, attending trade shows, Lunch & Learns, and other social functions and activities with clients outside of the workplace.
- Strong computer skills: MS office suite proficient.
- Ability to work as a positive contributing member in a team environment and independently.
- Capability to facilitate quote requests and follow-up service calls/visits with customers.
- Possess strong problem solving, influencing, negotiating and organizational skills.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years minimum of outside sales experience.
- Current First Aid, H2S, and TDG courses required.
- Defensive Driving course considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in the Sales or related field would be beneficial.
- High School or GED Equivalent required.
- A background of valve and instrumentation products is a definite asset.
- Clean driving abstract and valid driver’s license.
- A pre-employment drug test will be administered.
- Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Currently 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Yearly holiday office closures (For 2020, December 24 – January 4, 2021).
- Travel and time away from home may be required.
- Frequent virtual meetings with clients, manager, and co-workers.
- Some evenings and weekend work may be required.