Mechanical Engineering Technologist
The Mechanical Engineering Technologist will be responsible for designing, assembling, and conducting testing on various mechanical assemblies related to valve, meter, and instrumentation. Responsible for analyzing potential technological advancements through the research and development process. Will be responsible for improving and developing work instructions and process flows to control product conformity.
- Take direction and fulfil responsibilities from the Manufacturing Manager.
- Assembling manufactured and repaired products to manufacturers and or code specifications, including CSA, API, and ASME.
- Initiating and maintaining job packages with all required documentation.
- Conducting research and development to improve product.
- Performing in process inspections as required.
- Completing drawings by use of 2D AutoCad and 3D Solidworks.
- Finalizing and developing work instructions, forms, and procedures for varying product lines.
- Completing inspection and verification.
- Ensuring that only calibrated tools and equipment are used in assembly and testing process.
- Preparing test equipment for pressure testing ensuring pressure test equipment meets design requirements as outlined in Kings Inspection and Testing Procedure.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical issues.
- Maintaining traceability of product through varying stages.
- Completing product checklists.
- Communicating with external customers – telephone, virtual/in-person meetings and presentations.
- Assisting with packaging of assembled products.
- Demonstrate and emphasize safety conscience attitude.
Skills Training and Competencies:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong computer skills; MS office suite proficient.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, managing time effectively and efficiently.
- Regularly possess a high degree of manual dexterity, putting parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
- Has a high degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to be challenged and to strive for development within the position with the foresight and commitment to advance within the company.
- Advanced Participation in Safety Program and Quality Assurance Program.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and accuracy for data entry and paperwork.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within complex, fast-moving work environment under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a positive contributing member within team environment.
- Willingness to take hands on approach in developing systems and procedures.
- Functional understanding of imperial and metric systems.
- Exceptional problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 1-2 years of industry experience in mechanical design considered an asset.
- Familiar with flow control equipment considered an asset.
- Office hours Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Fast paced with frequent phone, virtual and email communications.
- Annual holiday office closures.
- Shop environment with minimal potential for field work and travel away from home.
- High level of social contact with customers and other team members.
- Steel-toed boots are required and is the responsibility of the employee to obtain prior to hire date.