Office Administrator - Cambridge, Ontario
The Office Administrator will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff is adequately supported to work efficiently while adhering to company policies and procedures. They will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision and must be self-motivated and trustworthy. This is an important position within the branch as it must ensure the smooth running of the office and contribute to driving sustainable growth.
- Take direction and fulfil responsibilities from the Division Manager.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Act as the administrative point of contact between the Managers and internal/external clients.
- Daily administrative function to include order entry, purchase order generation, expediting and the processing of returns and credits.
- Review and maintain the accuracy of all paperwork prior to billing.
- Maintain and build relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Handle Manager requests and queries appropriately.
- Work with the Team Lead to ensure service contracts are accurate and complete.
- Manage, record, and transmit phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Submit timely reports.
- Ensure documentation is filled out in accordance with customer and company requirements.
- Perform credit application checks for new customers and provide our business profile to vendors.
- Process credit card payments, prepare daily deposit slips and provide a summary of same; complete daily mail and bank runs.
- Occasionally aid with the billing / invoicing functions of the organization.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
- Additional duties may be defined within the scope of this position.
Essential Skills / Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum of 2+ years of administrative experience.
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills is essential.
- Strong computers skills; MS Office proficient.
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, intuitive, and willing to grow into new responsibilities.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles an asset.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a positive contributing member within team environment.
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any given time.
- Billing, quoting, invoicing experience an asset.
- Great Plains Dynamics / SalesPad business software knowledge considered assets but not required.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Grade 12 or equivalent GED.
- Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Currently 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM).
- Yearly holiday office closures (For 2020, December 24 – January 4, 2021).
- Office / Shop Environment.
- Fast paced – may be subjected to frequent interruptions – phone calls, emails, internal office flow.
- Casual but respectable attire.
To apply click the button below