Shipper / Receiver - Grande Prairie (Permanent, full-time)
The Shipper / Receiver will be responsible for all inbound and outbound shipments within our facility. This individual is the first point of contact for our customers therefore requires strong customer service skills. They will perform general physical activities to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment. This position will also be responsible for managing verifications, acceptance, counting and inputting into the ERP systems of all incoming and outgoing goods and their condition. This is an entry level position where Kings is willing to train the right individual if they fit into our core values - T.A.C.T.
- Take direction and fulfil responsibilities from the Branch Manager.
- Record and enter data of incoming customer equipment repairs and product drop offs, pickups, and deliveries into the ERP systems.
- Ensure the accurate and timely shipping and receiving of products to all customers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Fulfill customer orders and prepare the packaging prior to shipping.
- Plan, organize, and schedule daily and weekly inbound or outbound freight.
- Receive, sort, stage and verify all materials ordered by purchasing for inventory.
- Load and unload trucks either manually or by forklift following all safety procedures.
- Act as the administrative point of contact between the internal and external clients, addressing inquiries.
- Write service reports containing the products information and condition and deliver information to the proper department.
Your Passion is Sparked by:
- An interest in future Supply Chain, Procurement, Inventory, or related industry career options.
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability and willingness to adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Possess good communication and organizational skills.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- High School or equivalent required.
- Valid Forklift Certificate required.
- A valid driver’s license is necessary.
- Current TDG Certificate.
- Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Currently 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM).
- Yearly holiday office closures (For 2020, December 24 – January 4, 2021).
- Shop environment – Steel toed boots are required.
- Extremely fast-paced and diverse workload, frequent disruptions.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. will be required.
Click the button below to apply