Shipper / Receiver - Grande Prairie (Permanent, full-time)
The Shipper / Receiver will be responsible for all inbound and outbound shipments within our facility. This individual is the first point of contact for our customers therefore requires strong customer service skills. They will perform general physical activities to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment. This position will also be responsible for managing verifications, acceptance, counting and inputting into the ERP systems of all incoming and outgoing goods and their condition.
- Taking direction and fulfilling responsibilities from the Branch Manager.
- Recording and entering data of incoming customer equipment repairs and product drop offs, pickups, and deliveries into the ERP systems.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely shipping and receiving of products to all customers.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Fulfilling customer orders and preparing the packaging prior to shipping.
- Planning, organizing, and scheduling daily and weekly inbound or outbound freight.
- Receiving, sorting, staging and verifying all materials ordered by purchasing for inventory.
- Loading and unloading trucks either manually or by forklift following all safety procedures.
- Acting as the administrative point of contact between the internal and external clients, addressing inquiries.
- Writing service reports containing the products information and condition and delivering information to the proper department.
Success in the role will come from:
- An interest in future Supply Chain, Procurement, Inventory, or related industry career options.
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability and willingness to adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Possess good communication and organizational skills.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of Shipping / Receiving experience.
- A High School or equivalent educational background.
- A current Forklift Certificate required.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A current TDG Certificate.
- Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Yearly holiday office closures.
- Some overtime and weekend work may be required during peak turnaround seasons.
- Shop environment – Steel toed boots are required.
- Extremely fast-paced and diverse workload, frequent disruptions.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. will be required.
Click the button below to apply