Transport Delivery Associate
The Transport Delivery Associate will be responsible for transporting a variety of materials, parts, and finished products over local, provincial, and international routes making deliveries and pickups to and from customers, Seicor International and other Kings Energy’s locations in a safe and timely manner. Support in building and maintaining trusting relationships with customers will be a top priority for this role.
What you will be responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the General Manager.
- Transporting materials, parts, and finished products to and from customer locations – locally, provincially, and internationally.
- Assisting with maintaining and expanding customer base by counseling, building and maintaining rapport with key customers, and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Inspecting vehicle and trailer for mechanical items and safety issues both pre and post trip and perform preventative maintenance.
- Keeping in contact with manager to provide up to date information and requirements or job scheduling.
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules.
- Documenting and logging work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retaining fuel/toll receipts.
- Complying with company and government regulations and rules.
- Securing and dealing with cargo safely.
- Collecting and verifying delivery instructions.
- Reporting defects, accidents, or violations.
Success in this role will come from:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, GEOTab, Summit Fleet, WorkHub)
- The ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- An outstanding driving record without accidents or traffic violations.
- The ability and foresight to handle changing conditions, troubleshoot equipment, and find new routes when needed.
What will pique our interest:
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2 years of truck, trailer, and cargo securement experience.
- A valid Driver’s License. A Class 3 driver’s license is required.
- A valid passport.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Willingness to provide a clean drug test, driver’s abstract, criminal record and background checks.
- Completion of Hours-of-Service Course.
- Defensive Driving Course and/or TDG certificates considered assets.
- Long hours of driving. Will be required to be away from home for at least 2 weeks per month.
- Areas of travel will include Alberta, Saskatchewan and into North Dakota and into Montana, with the potential to extend past that based on customer requirements.
- High level of social contact with customers and other team members.
- Steel-toed boots are required and is the responsibility of the employee to obtain prior to hire date.
- Varying hours per week, may require evening and weekend work to meet deliveries.