Field API/ANSI Technician - Red Deer
The ANSI/API Technician is responsible for servicing and greasing ANSI/API valves and as well as Side Entry, Gate Clamp, Primary seal testing, Actuator repair, and ANSI/API valve projects as required. The candidate will understand the do’s and don’ts of handling high pressure equipment. This position will primarily be performed in the field providing greasing and other field valve servicing but also in the shop assisting with PSV servicing during slower periods.
What you will be responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the Branch Manager or Field Service Manager depending on branch location.
- Keeping in contact with manager to provide up to date information and requirements or job scheduling.
- Locating field lease and plant / compressor locations.
- Providing training and guidance to the Field Service Helper and ensuring their safety while in the field.
- Demonstrating and emphasizing a safety conscience attitude while conducting service and/or maintenance of equipment.
- Maintaining the assigned field service unit, keeping all oil changes and services up to date.
- Maintaining all daily/weekly/monthly paperwork relating to the truck in order. (JHA’s, truck reports, fuel receipts, expense reports and/or meal receipts).
- Required to maintain an on-board inventory of service-related equipment like grease fittings, packing and lubricants.
- Documenting daily and monthly safety inspections and mileage reports on assigned vehicles.
- Working in the shop if circumstances don’t allow field work to take place, assisting with PSV or other valve servicing work.
- Performing other assigned duties as required.
Success in this role will come from:
- Experience and knowledge of the various ball valves, gate valves, check valves, gear operators and actuators are required. (E.G- Grove, WKM, Cameron, Rockwell, Bettis, PBV, Erichsen, Meridian, Mastergear, Balon, Rotork, Nutron, Barber, Argus, etc).
- Basic computer skills; MS office suite proficient.
- Experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, GEOTab, Summit Fleet)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within complex, fast-moving work environment.
- Ability to work as a positive contributing member within a team environment.
- Willingness to take hands on approach in developing systems and procedures.
- Functional understanding of imperial and metric systems.
- Experience with wellhead and pipeline knowledge to be able to maintain and service equipment with little or no supervision.
- Ability to read, understand and follow technical specifications for the assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment.
- Strong knowledge of all hand & pneumatic tools for the purpose of the services required.
- Problem solving and organizational skills.
What will pique our interest:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of Greasing and Servicing of API/ANSI valves preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and clean abstract.
- H2S, TDG, CSO, First Aid Certificates must be current.
- Completion of Hours-of-Service Course an asset.
- Defensive Driving course considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Field and shop environments.
- Exposure to sudden loud noises (pops/bangs), and harsh cleaning chemicals, varying weather conditions.
- Steel-toed boots are required and is the responsibility of the employee to obtain prior to hire date.
- May be required to work away from home to assist other branches. Camp work may be required for field servicing work.
- Normal hours 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday to Friday. Schedules may vary due to work requirements. Overtime and weekends as required.
- Required to stand for long periods of time on concrete, bending, kneeling, lifting twisting.
- Will work into an on-call rotation schedule.
- Required to take a pre-employment drug test as this position is considered safety sensitive.
- Pre-access drug testing and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination records for field work may also be requested as necessary throughout duration of employment.