Valve Technician Drayton Valley
The Valve Technician is involved in all aspects of service and repair of pressure relief device valves. This is an all-encompassing role including adherence to quality and safety processes and procedures, as well as servicing of valves and general shop/equipment maintenance activities. As a Valve Technician, you will be part of a team of individuals committed to delivering a high standard of quality and operational excellence.
What you will be responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the PSV Team Lead or Branch Manager depending on branch location.
- Disassembling valves using various tools.
- Cleaning valves for inspection, with the use of solvents and tools.
- Inspecting internal parts including measurement and documentation of critical dimensions.
- Entering information for valves into a computer tracking system.
- Assembling valves in accordance with OEM specs using various tools.
- Testing of valves to code and specifications ensuring compliance.
- Painting and tagging valves to like new condition and sealing valves in accordance to code.
- Travelling to other branch locations or working on the mobile onsite to meet operational needs.
- Willing to be put into an on-call rotation.
- Quality Control to ensure all the paperwork and tags are correct and verifying against paperwork and computer system information.
Success in this role will come from:
- Having a mechanical aptitude and a commitment to safety and quality.
- The ability to work in a fast-past, team environment.
- Possessing basic computer and math skills.
- Exceptional accuracy with attention to detail.
- Having integrity, professionalism, positivity, and passion.
- Strong comprehension and memory when reading, understanding, and following technical specifications for the assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment.
Our interest will be piqued by:
- Minimum 2 years of Safety Relief Valve servicing preferred.
- Knowledge of repair and testing of Safety Relief Valves.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract required.
- Any of the following: Forklift, Overhead Crane, First Aid, H2S Alive, CSO current safety certificates.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Shop and field environments also with potential to travel to other branches or work on the onsite mobile unit.
- Must be available during busy turnaround schedules.
- Very hands-on role with standing for long periods and frequent kneeling, lifting, bending daily.
- Exposure to sudden loud noises (pops/bangs), harsh cleaning chemicals (Varsol), etc.
- Steel-toed boots required.
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday to Friday, overtime and weekends as required.
- Will work into an on-call rotation schedule.
- Annual holiday shop shutdowns.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug test as this is considered a safety sensitive position.
- Pre-access drug testing for field work may also be required as requested throughout duration of employment.