Pressure Safety Valve Technician
The Pressure Safety Valve Technician is involved in all aspects in the service and repair of pressure relief device valves. This is an all-encompassing role including adherence to quality and safety processes and procedures, as well as servicing of valves and general shop/equipment maintenance activities. As a PSV Technician, you will be part of a team of individuals committed to delivering a high standard of quality and operational excellence. This position reports directly to the Branch Lead and will have a start date of September 1st, 2022.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a mechanical aptitude and a commitment to safety and quality.
- Possesses the ability to work in a fast-past, team environment.
- Has basic computer and math skills.
- Possesses exceptional accuracy with attention to detail.
- Demonstrates integrity, professionalism, positivity, and passion.
- Has strong comprehension and memory when reading, understanding, and following technical specifications for the assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment.
What you will be responsible for:
- Disassembling valves using various tools.
- Cleaning valves for inspection, with the use of solvents and tools.
- Inspecting internal parts including measurement and documentation of critical dimensions.
- Entering information for valves into a computer tracking system.
- Assembling valves in accordance with OEM specs using various tools.
- Testing of valves to code and specifications ensuring compliance.
- Painting and tagging valves to like new condition and sealing valves in accordance to code.
- Quality Control to ensure all the paperwork and tags are correct and verifying against paperwork and computer system information.
Our interest will be piqued by:
- A minimum 2 years of Safety Relief Valve servicing.
- Knowledge in repairing and testing of Safety Relief Valves.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract required.
- Any of the following current safety tickets: Forklift, Overhead Crane, First Aid.
- An ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Shop environment.
- Very hands-on role with standing for long periods and frequent kneeling, lifting, bending daily.
- Exposure to sudden loud noises (pops/bangs), harsh cleaning chemicals (Varsol), etc.
- Steel-toed boots required.
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday to Friday, overtime and weekends as required.
- May work into an on-call rotation schedule.
- Annual holiday shop shutdowns.