Mechanical Engineering Technologist - Nisku
Kings Energy Services is actively looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineering Technologist in our Nisku Branch
Start Date: Immediate
What we offer:
- Overtime after 40 hours a week
- RRSP Match
- Take direction and fulfill responsibilities from the Project Engineer and Branch Manager.
- Assembling manufactured and repaired products to manufacturers and or code specifications, including CSA, API, and ASME.
- Initiating and maintaining job packages with all required documentation.
- Responsible for assisting in the receipt of oilfield equipment and assessment of potential repairs in accordance with API, and Kings Energy QMS
- Performing process inspections as required.
- Completing inspection and verification.
- Assist with project cost estimates.
- Perform load testing, hardness testing and verify third party NDT results.
- Ensuring that only calibrated tools and equipment are used in the assembly and testing process.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical issues.
- Maintaining traceability of product through varying stages.
- Completing product checklists.
- Communicating with external customers – telephone, virtual/in-person meetings and presentations.
- Assisting with packaging of assembled products.
- Initiate Non-conformance reports where product or services do not meet requirements
- Assist reporting personnel in QHSE processes and completing QHSE records
- Demonstrate and emphasize safety conscious attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, managing time effectively and efficiently.
- Regularly possess a high degree of manual dexterity, putting parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
- Ability to be challenged and to strive for development within the position with the foresight and commitment to advance within the company.
- Advanced Participation in Safety Program and Quality Assurance Program.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and accuracy for data entry and paperwork.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within complex, fast-moving work environment under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a positive contributing member within a team environment.
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach in developing systems and procedures.
- Functional understanding of imperial and metric systems.
- Exceptional problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 1-2 years of industry experience in Oilfield repair environments an asset
- Familiarity with flow control equipment is considered an asset.
- Machine Shop/Fabrication Manufacturing exposure an asset